According to the guidance opinions of jilin university on the diversion of major cultivation majors (trial) and the notice on the diversion of major cultivation majors of undergraduate students of the class of 2018 in the fall semester, the college plans to carry out the diversion of major mathematics undergraduates of the class of 2018. The implementation details are as follows:
1. Working groups
Group leader: li huilai
Members: ji youqing, sheng yunhe, liu changchun, lu junliang, zhu fukang, han yuecai
The office of the working group is located in the academic affairs office of the college, responsible for daily routine work and organization and coordination.
2. Dispute resolution panel
Group leader: zhang ran
Members: would, Fan Qingwen, Li Geng, Cao Xin month, hou Di (students)
The dispute resolution group office is located in the student office of the college and is responsible for the supervision of professional diversion.
Two, the principle of diversion
1. Determine the major direction by respecting students' willingness and ranking. Respect student's individual development demand, on the basis of student's voluntary application, according to the student's academic performance of 3 semesters after admission, determine the major.
2. Determine the number according to the original enrollment plan and teaching resources. There are 309 registered students majoring in mathematics in 2018. According to the original college entrance examination admission plan proportion of "mathematics and applied mathematics", "information and computational science", "statistics" and "financial mathematics", the number of students majoring in will be allocated according to the existing teaching resources allocation situation of teachers and laboratories in the school.
3. Adhere to the principle of combining fairness and fairness with openness and transparency to ensure the working process. Adhering to the principle of "openness, fairness and justice", we will ensure that the procedures for professional diversion work are open and transparent, opportunities for selection are fair and equal, and exam results are fair and accurate.
Three, shunt standard
Mathematics and applied mathematics major: students who have basic knowledge of mathematics and natural science, can master basic theories, basic knowledge, basic skills and basic methods of mathematics and applied mathematics, and have strong professional abilities in mathematical research and solving practical problems.
Major in information and computing science: students who have a solid foundation in mathematics and computational mathematics, can master basic theories, basic knowledge and basic methods of computational mathematics, and have the ability to apply the knowledge they have learned to solve practical problems and software development.
Major in statistics: students who have a solid foundation in mathematics and statistics, master basic theories, basic knowledge, basic methods and computer operation ability of statistics, have the ability to collect data, conduct statistical questionnaires and process survey data, and have strong statistical skills.
Financial mathematics: students who have a solid foundation in mathematics and financial mathematics, master basic theories, basic knowledge, basic methods and computer operation ability of financial mathematics, and have basic abilities of data collection, financial derivative design, risk analysis and actuarial management. (finance and microeconomics must be completed and qualified)
Iv. Professional diversion plan
There are 309 students in the class of 2018, excluding 16 students from the class of tang and 5 students from the class of tang: yu lu, zhan buyi, Yang dian, li yaoyuan (number) and fu qiang (finance). Actually, 288 students need to participate in the division of majors. According to the specific situation of teachers in each major direction, the following quota allocation is proposed by each major:
1. 231 students were admitted according to the major category and 57 students were transferred to the major category, among which:
(1) in principle, "mathematics and applied mathematics" shall have no less than 20 students, and the upper limit shall be 120 students;
(2) in principle, "information and computing science" should have no less than 20 students, with a maximum of 100 students;
(3) the number of "statistics" professionals shall be no less than 20 and the upper limit shall be 100;
(4) in principle, the number of students majoring in "financial mathematics" shall be no less than 20, and the upper limit shall be 60.
2. After the end of the fourth semester, professional fine-tuning can be carried out. The proportion of fine-tuning shall not exceed 10% of the number of students.
Examination and admission methods
1. Students admitted by major category are ranked according to the grade point average of major courses (compulsory examination courses) in the first three semesters. Courses in ranking calculation include: Thought morals tutelage and legal foundation, the Chinese modern history outline, college English BII Ⅴ, college English A Ⅱ Ⅲ, Russian Ⅱ - Ⅲ, military education, an introduction to basic principle of marxist theory and ideological education, political project Ⅰ Ⅱ, situation and policy Ⅰ Ⅰ - Ⅲ Ⅱ, mathematical analysis, higher algebra Ⅰ - Ⅱ, space analytic geometry, space analytic geometry experiment, C language and programming, C language and programming experiment, professional freshman seminar, advanced algebra, the common physical Ⅰ, general physics experiment, mathematical analysis, ordinary differential equations, finance, microeconomics, A total of 32 subjects.
2. The college will publish the ranking, divide the planned number of students according to the order of students' application, and determine the candidates to be admitted and publicize them through filing on the spot.
Vi. Workflow and time node
1. Before November 11, 2019, the college announced the implementation rules of professional diversion.
2. From January 10 to 12, 2020, students of the class of 2018 will register their final exam scores in the third semester. The school will rank students according to their gpa and publish the results.
3. From January 13 to 14, 2020, at 11:00 PM, students will fill in 3 majors in an orderly and voluntary manner according to the division plan published by the college and the ranking of personal wishes and gpa. After expiration, they will no longer receive registration and modify relevant information.
4. From January 15 to 19, 2020, according to the number of students in each major, student ranking and student preference, determine the major/direction of student diversion, and publish the list of major diversion on the website of the college; After the public without objection, reported to the school academic affairs office;
5. From February 24, 2020 to February 26, 2020, the college will handle student registration procedures and adjust student course selection information. Reorganize the class according to the professional diversion situation, and report to the school academic affairs office to handle the registration change procedures. Students of the class of 2018 will be divided into two administrative classes of "mathematics and applied mathematics", two administrative classes of "information and computational science", two administrative classes of "statistics" and one administrative class of "financial mathematics". The classes will be reorganized according to the distribution of grades, and accommodation will be arranged relatively centrally according to the new class for daily management.
Vii. Other explanations
1. The relevant provisions in these rules are only applicable to the registered students of mathematics majors of the college in 2018, including the students who change their majors to enter the mathematics majors, excluding the students of "cultivation plan for top students of basic subjects (tang class)", students who choose majors after graduation from preparatory courses of ethnic minorities, and students from other grades who are demoted to the class of 2018;
2. Students who are demoted to the class of 2018 will not participate in this major diversion, and will be automatically assigned to the major/direction before demotion;
3. For job-related questions, please consult Mr. Zhou (85166967, email@example.com) of the school's academic affairs office. For dispute resolution, please refer to Mr. Li geng (85166215).
Institute of mathematics
November 7, 2019